Acne is a common skin condition that affects millions of people of all ages. When your pores are clogged with oil and dead skin cells, you can develop darkened spots and pimples on the face, neck, chest, back and upper arms. Help reduce acne with these simple tips:
- Wash your face twice daily (and after sweating) with a gentle cleanser
- Be gentle with your skin; use alcohol free products and avoid scrubbing your face
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Avoid picking at, popping or squeezing pimples; these things only irritate acne more
- Keep your hands off your face
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds; acne medications make your skin very sensitive to ultraviolet light
We understand the discomfort that acne can cause both mentally and physically, and we can help. If you’re struggling to treat your acne, call us and schedule a consultation with one of our providers.